The Teaching-Learning Center (TLC) is dedicated to enhancing teaching and learning excellence at Durham Technical Community College. The TLC encourages, offers, and sponsors faculty development activities that lead to meaningful student learning and renewal of college faculty.
- To encourage faculty in the exploration, development, and use of innovative and varied teaching methodologies and assessments, including new uses of technology, in the pursuit of improved teaching and learning;
- To provide activities and resources that give faculty meaningful opportunities to connect, communicate, and collaborate with one another;
- To showcase achievement of outstanding educational initiatives that enhance teaching and learning;
- To support full-time and part-time faculty at all stages of their careers;
- To sustain the hard work that faculty put into being teachers and professionals in higher education; and
- To encourage funding of faculty and staff projects that improve teaching and learning through the College Foundation and outside grant agencies.
Established in 1998, the TLC supports the following Durham Tech strategic goals:
- All students will succeed. (Goal 1)
- Students will experience excellent, consistent teaching in a variety of learning environments. (Goal 3)
- Employees will choose Durham Tech first because we create and sustain a great college working environment. (Goal 9)